Rue Morgue Magazine‘s Festival of Fear, headlined by David Cronenberg, is over again for another year (boo!), and we were there, meeting fellow horror peeps at the Rue Morgue booth, getting hammered at the parties and taking photos of all of it. Here’s proof of Friday’s debauchery:
Archive for Justin Erickson
ON MAY 1st, RUE MORGUE RADIO RELEASES FREE, DOWNLOADABLE
HORROR MUSIC COMPILATION, HYMNS FROM THE HOUSE OF HORROR!
In honour of Rue Morgue’s 100th issue, our favourite horror mag will be releasing a free, downloadable compilation album titled Rue Morgue Radio Presents…Hymns from the House of Horror! Thousands of bands have graced the pages of Rue Morgue magazine and airwaves of Rue Morgue Radio over the course of thirteen years, more than 300 radio shows and 100 magazines. RM enticed some of the many artists they believe best encapsulate the world of Rue Morgue into giving them exclusive mixes, previously unreleased tracks, rarities and classic cuts for this morbid mixtape, hosted by Rue Morgue Radio’s Tomb Dragomir.
This downloadable album will be available at the stroke of midnight May 1st at rue-morgue.com and ruemorgueradio.com, will be promoted on Rue Morgue Radio and their social networking sites. Listeners can check out the bands, link to their websites and download Hymns from the House of Horror, complete with printable album artwork designed by RM’s Justin Erickson.
A four-page feature article about the compilation in their expanded 100th issue spotlights each artist/band and the song they contributed, exploring the origins of each track’s conception.
Hymns will receive further exposure on the award-winning weekly Rue Morgue Radio (ruemorgueradio.com), and at Rue Morgue events such as the upcoming Black 100 Celebration (Friday, May 7 at Revival Event Theatre in Toronto) and the Rue Morgue Festival of Fear, the country’s largest horror expo (August 27 – 29, 2010).
Rue Morgue Radio’s Hymns from the House of Horror tracklisting:
(Tomb Dragomir’s Greeting)
1. The Creepshow – Rue Morgue Radio
2. Midnight Syndicate – Haunted Nursery
3. Cauldron – Into the Cauldron
4. The Independents – Black Dream
5. Ghoultown – Return of the Living Dead
6. The Ghastly Ones – Banshee Beach
7. Psycho Charger – Redneck Zombies (Tomb Dragomir Mix)
8. Harley Poe – It’s Only the End of the World
9. Those Poor Bastards – Nightmare World
10. Dead Man’s Bones – My Body’s a Zombie for You
11. Forbidden Dimension – Hand of Glory
12. Zombina and the Skeletones – Something Weird
13. Creature Feature – Grave Robber at Large
14. Damn Laser Vampires – Saint of Killers
15. Balzac – Hurt
16. The Handsome Family – The Lost Soul
17. The Unsettlers – Oil and Blood
(Tomb Dragomir Bids You Farewell)
And to whet your appetite’s, here is The Creepshow performing “Rue Morgue Radio” live at Toronto’s late and lamented Reverb club, filmed by The DLB himself: